Monday 21 December 2015

My Christmas wishes for Sidney

So this is my little Christmas pudding's first Christmas, and I've been thinking about more than just the presents under the tree, and believe me, there are more than a few now we have a little boy to celebrate the season of joy with!






To me, Christmas has always been a time for families to come together, and jokes to be shared. From the moment we woke up/never went to sleep in my case, (I used to famously make myself ill with excitement and could NEVER sleep on Christmas Eve) memories were made. I would go to bed Christmas Eve.... Lye awake thinking of Christmas until I heard my Mum open my bedroom door with my sack from Santa, pretend to be asleep, wait about half an hour until I was sure my mum and dad were asleep, creep out of bed, slowly lift each present out of my sack so as not to rustle the paper too loudly and risk getting in trouble, and feel each and every present to try and guess what it was. I would then wake up my parents at 5:30am, which to me was a reasonable time given as I had barely slept a wink, and rush in with my sack onto my parents bed and open every present with such ferocity that I would shake with the excitement of it all. My parents made Christmas so magical that I would literally work myself up into a frenzy!!! We would then go downstairs, dad would enter the living room whilst we impatiently waited, 'to check if Father Christmas had been' and when it was confirmed that he had in fact paid us a visit, we were allowed to enter and open the rest of our presents. Christmas Day was spent playing and laughing. 


Growing up, before my family all got their own families, Christmas was spent with me, my parents, my brother, my cousins, aunties and uncles and grandparents. My cousins did not live locally, so we didn't get together as often as we'd have all liked, and Christmas was a time to bring both our families together. We played, we laughed, we shared gifts, we ate.... We ate some more (always at the 'kids table' (( a little table attached to the big table where all the kids were shoved so that we would entertain each other whilst the grown ups drank wine)) which we can all now safely say we have grown up from), and most importantly, we LOVED. Christmas was FANTASTIC.

(From left - me and my cousins and brother) Katie, Me, Grandma, Amy, Eddie, Grandpa and Nikki) 





(From left: me, Katie and Amy) 


Never have I been so determined to ensure that Christmas is the same for our little human. 

I want to make sure that we begin traditions this year that will last us a lifetime. 



Therefore my Christmas wishes for Sidney as he grows up are as follows:

1. I want Sidney to look at his half opened advent calendar and wish the days away, and long for 24 windows to be open - like I used to. It's the one time I will want his excitement for life to take over the fact that he should never wish his life away.
 
2. I want Sidney to struggle to fall asleep because he is so full of the joys of Christmas.

3. I want our boy to wake us up with such excitement that he can barely get his words out. 

4. I want him to feel love all day long from everyone he encounters, and love in return.

5. I want him to have family around him who are happy to play with him all day.

6. I want his imagination to run wild.

7. I want him to laugh more than he's ever laughed before.

8. I want him to look at his parents and see how happy and magical his little family is.

9. I want him to feel blessed.

10. Above all else I want Sidney to be happy. I want him to have everything he ever desires, that money cannot buy. 


As for me? My wishes are that I see this little boy smiling under my Christmas tree for the rest of my life, and I couldn't care less if there was nothing else under there, so long as he is. 




Merry Christmas everyone!

Love Christine (with a turkey on my head) xo



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home